Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 5:

I had another treatment today. This was a unique one because it can cause some serious reactions. It was a little nerve racking, but I had my girls here to keep everyone in line! Knowing the side effects of some of these chemo medications is scary. Some people say it is like putting poison into your body. I have to say I was honestly scared. Not knowing if something bad is going to happen is a terrifying feeling. After all of the anxiety, I was fine. I had no reactions and I am moving one step closer to going home. I am supposed to be discharged tomorrow. Working in the hospital, you know they never make promises so I will wait for my labs tomorrow morning and will be able to confidently say I am going home once the order is in the computer.
Today I struggled most with having leukemia and being a nurse. Being a patient is not easy. It is hard to be on the other side. I am not sure I will ever get used to it. I am definitely ready to go home and be in my own bed. No 4am vital signs or the resident banging on the door at 5am! As hard as it is, it’s what I need to do to beat this.
All in all, today was hard but at the end of the day I am here relaxing with Chris. I will continue to take everything in stride and go on one step@ at a time. I am grateful for all of the thoughts, prayers, and support. I am truly surrounded by some amazing people!

Till next time…KMS

1 comment:

  1. Hey Katelyn Kelly told us about your diagnosis in class on Monday. I was shocked. I think it's great that you are blogging. The whole class is behind you!! If you need anything, study guides, notes let me know. You will be graduating with us in May!!!! Keep positive and don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it!!
    Thinking about you!!!
    Kellyann Kosma

    ReplyDelete