Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I know I said this about March…but where did April go?! I cannot believe it is May! And I am happy to say April is gone. April was a rough month. I gave a couple weeks plus some days to nausea. Which I can tell you first hand is awful. The medications just made me sleepy and didn’t make me feel any better. I am happy to say I am feeling better. A little ginger is always helpful too! Of course while I had nausea I lost weight so I am back to eating myself out of house and home. Eating has become my full time job! Some would be jealous of my diet…ice cream, hot pockets, ellios pizza and naked fruit smoothies. Those are a few of my favorites.

On top of the nausea, the medications I receive have caused me to have some difficulty walking and doing some things like going up and down stairs. I know I will re-gain my skills but this has definitely been a big change for me. God gives you what you can handle, for some reason he is giving me yet another challenge. Of course I am all over it with vengeance. I have everyone on my team helping me get over this bump in the road.
Yesterday I had my last day of chemo for interm maintenance. I have a two week break and then I start delayed intensification. One step closer to maintenance!
I will have some free time on my hands soon. I graduate this coming Sunday! I might not be able to run across that stage but I will walk slowly and take it all in.

Till next time…KMS

 

No comments:

Post a Comment