Friday, June 13, 2014

I’m not sure what happened to May (or half of June for that matter), but it came and went. May is typically busy with our anniversary and mom & dads birthday’s, but to top it all off, my butt was kicked after getting discharged from the hospital. I am just starting to feel better and less tired. I would come home from work and just crash I was so tired for a  while there. It definitely takes me some time to recover, but of course in my true fashion, I’ve been working 40+ hours each week and keeping up with my physical therapy. All of the hard work definitely pays off! I’m getting there slowly but surely. 

Some days are easier than others, but I just always have to remind myself how far I’ve come. As I write this I laugh because I’m very bad at this. I tend to focus on the here and now, but looking back over the course of the year no one imagined I would be doing what I’m doing now. Last year at this time I was still having nausea and drinking Nakeds. It  was just about this time I was getting fitted for AFOs (aka my magic legs). I never talk much about my neuropathy, because I’m not sure there are words to describe the pain it has caused me emotionally. Still to this day even as I watch myself make major strides, it isn't easy. Those who are closest to me have watched me struggle and have been my shoulder to cry on, but it’s not something I ever wrote much about. Looking back a year ago, I would have never imagined I would be where I am today. While I’m proud of myself, it’s still a daily struggle. I just hope to continue to keep up this pace and keep on improving. 

“The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.” - Moliere 



Till next time…KMS 

No comments:

Post a Comment