Monday, September 9, 2013

Being diagnosed with a blood cancer is something that takes anyone by surprise. It’s hard to explain, but it’s something you can’t see or feel, so it almost doesn’t feel real. It’s like something is invading your body without your permission. While it may not feel real, it’s something that occurs more often than we would like to believe. I’m living proof that cancer can affect you when you least expect it. It takes you by surprise and throws your life into a whirlwind. I’m sure my life will never be the same. Cancer has changed me forever. In the past 9 months, cancer has shown me I’m stronger than I ever thought possible, I can do anything I put my mind to, and I’m surrounded by people who love and care about me.

September is blood cancer awareness month. While cancer has taught me a lot, it’s now my time to educate others. I want people to understand that blood cancer can happen to anyone when you least expect it. On October 5, 2013, I’ll be walking in “Light the Night”. Light the Night allows people who have blood cancer or have been impacted by blood cancer, to come together and increase awareness. While increasing awareness, the money raised can also help change someone’s life.  It’s my hope to get donations to make a difference.  I can’t do this alone, so I’m asking for your help. Please feel free to make a donation to my team (one step @ a time) and help me change someone’s life. THANK YOU for your continued support!


Till next time…KMS

Fundraising page:
http://pages.lightthenight.org/ct/NewHaven13/onestepatime

No comments:

Post a Comment